Stay Safe in Summer , you just might have fun too.
- Drink plenty of water when working or playing outside. Take breaks in the shade to keep hydrated and prevent overheating.
- Play outside sports in safe areas, away from traffic. Wear proper protective equipment when possible.
- When biking, always wear a helmet and bright colors. Ride single-file. Obey traffic signs and signals that cars do.
- If boating, be sure everyone wears a personal flotation device. Be aware of the weather. Don't boat in bad weather, near swimmers or near water skiers.
- In a thunderstorm, immediately seek shelter in a building or car if possible. Do not take shelter under a tree. Avoid open water. Make sure you are not holding on to any metal objects.
- Never swim alone. When at ocean, lakes or rivers, swim in posted areas. Always keep an eye on children around the water.
- Always tell somebody when going for a walk or leaving camp. Whenever possible, use the "buddy system." Pair up with another person when possible.
- Make your plans during the day, when venues are up and running. Otherwise, you may be considered a trespasser.
- Never leave a child unattended, especially in a hot car. They can't unbuckle themselves.You really need to pay attention to this, there's no excuse.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings. These days, everything moves fast. stay focused. You know this, things could change in a split second.
- To prevent insect bites when hiking, apply an insect repellent. Avoid perfumes and scented lotions, this may actually attract the insects and bees. Wear protective clothing. It is advised you wear long pants, long sleeve shirts, socks and good hiking boots or shoes.
- The numbers are rising on texting. People walk into trees, crash cars,become victims, hazards and cause death. Just don't do it. No driving or operating equipment while texting. In some states, it's breaking the law.
Happy summer everyone. You can do it, have fun and be safe!